Square breathing is a relaxation exercise you can use to relax before bed, reduce stress at work, calm down after a stressful situation or when feeling anxious, prepare for a stressful situation, and more.
It can be done anywhere!
How to do square breathing:
1. Begin by slowly exhaling all air out of your lungs.
2. Then, inhale gently through your nose while slowly counting to 4.
3. Next, hold the breath for a count of 4.
4. Then, gently exhale through your mouth for a count of 4.
5. At the bottom of the breath, pause and hold for a count of 4.
Repeat for a few minutes or until you feel calmer.